Saturday, March 6, 2010

New Cake Blog!!!

Welcome to my new cake blog. I plan on putting up my creations so that I have a running photo book of my cakes. A little about me....I have always enjoyed baking. Baking anything really, but as far as cakes go I was just happy if they didn't fall over and they were completely iced. Nothing special. I have seen beautiful cakes made by my favorite bakery growing up and alway wondered how they did such a beautiful job. Of course this was before "Ace of Cakes" and "Cake Boss" was on tv. I had tried my hand at making the roses when I was a kid but I never really understood the instructions. Then one day at work a co-worker said that she would like to take a cake decorating class. I sign up with her as a way to learn some basics and have fun with a friend. Our teacher was great and gave us great tips on not only decorating cakes but baking as well. I was just hoping to finish the classes and be good enough to make my kid's birthday cakes. Well, after I learned fondant I was hooked. I love it. I still am not perfect and I still would not call myself a true professional but I do enjoy it and try to make a great tasting and beautiful creation. My other passion in baking is Cheesecakes, I still haven't gotten up enough nerve to try to decorate a cheesecake yet, maybe one day..... Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment